Source of Omega-3
Omegatone is formulated from the oils of mackerel, sardine, salmon and anchovy.
Mackerel is also known as maccarello which is one of the most recommended oily fish for healthy diet. It is a slim torpedo-shaped fish which is found in deep tropical and temperate waters. It is rich source of minerals, essential oils, and vitamins. It is contains high quantities of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. It contains vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E and K and it is also rich in various minerals that include calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, selenium and sodium. Its trace minerals copper and zinc. It also contains the antioxidant Coenzyme Q10 and protein.
It has a number of health benefits as follows:
- Anti-Carcinogenic: Its antioxidant Coenzyme Q10 assists in the removal of cancerous agents from troubling cells. Thus it improves the cellular health and decreases the risk of some cancers. Omega-3 fatty acids present in mackerel can prevent breast, colon, prostrate, and renal cancers. It contains high amounts of vitamins B12 and selenium which are helpful in the treatment of cancer.
- Immunity: Mackerel strengthens the immune system by supporting the functions of organs which are weakened due to sickness. Omega-3 fatty acids present in it act as an anti-inflammatory agent, thus it helps in the management of arthritis. Coenzyme Q10 guards the cells from damage which elevates the risk of cancer. It increases the capacity of the body to fight infections.
- Cardiovascular: It supports heart health as the essential fatty acids aid to thin the blood. Thus this betters the blood flow and decreases the blood pressure. It inhibits the cholesterol build-up in the blood and thus inhibits the constriction of arteries. It decreases the risk of heart attack as the essential fatty acids present in it decreases the bad cholesterol levels therefore maintain good cholesterol levels. The rich calcium content present in it helps to normalize heartbeat and blood pressure.
- Brain and Nerve Development: Rich concentrations of Omega-3 fatty acids are found in the brain. This helps to increase the memory and performance. It also inhibits the risk of Alzheimer′s disease. Essential fatty acids also play a role to prevent the problems of the central nervous system.
Anchovies are generally small, salt water fish of the Engraulidae family. It has more than 100 different species found in the Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian Oceans. They are small, green fish with blue reflections as they have silver-colored longitudinal stripe which runs from the base of the caudal fin. These are oily fish which are powerhouse of various important nutrients. They are rich source of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It contains Sodium, Selenium, Iron, Protein, Copper, Phosphorus, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B-12 and Vitamin B2. It also contains amino acids- Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine and Phenylalanine.
It has a number of health benefits as:
- Heart Health: Anchovies has large amounts of polyunsaturated fats that assists to decrease the presence of LDL cholesterol which builds up in the arteries and elevates the risk of atherosclerosis, strokes and heart attacks. Omega-3 fatty acid which is present in large quantities in anchovy eliminates the unhealthy cholesterol and inhibits it from binding to the walls of arteries.
- Tissue and Cell Repair: Proteins present in Anchovies benefit the functioning of cell metabolism and repair and regrowth of connective tissue.
- Skin Health: Omega-3 fatty acid, vitamin-E and minerals like selenium present in anchovy promote healthy skin.
- Bone Health: Vitamins and minerals found in anchovies, help to build up strong bones and inhibit the risk of osteoporosis and other bone disorders. Calcium present in anchovy offer protection to teeth from ailments.
- Eye Health: Anchovies are rich source of vitamin-A which is crucial for eye health. Thus anchovy reduces the risk of appearance of eye degradation as well as cataracts.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Anchovies contain high quantities of omega-3 fatty acids which is known to have anti-inflammatory properties.
Salmon lives in the northern Atlantic and Pacific oceans. Its appearance varies from species to species. They are rich source of nutrients as Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Selenium, Vitamin B3, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Protein, Phosphorus, Vitamin B6, Iodine, Choline, Vitamin B5, Biotin, and Potassium.
It has a number of health benefits as:
- Bones & Joints: Omega-3 present in salmon helps to stay away from osteoporosis. It is a natural anti-inflammatory food which helps to keep the bones strong.
- Brain and Neurological Repair: Omega-3 rich foods are found to enhance the efficiency of various brain functions. The nutrients as the vitamin A, vitamin D and selenium present in salmon protect the nervous system. They protect from the age-related damage and even act as an antidepressant.
- Heart Health: Being rich source of omega-3 fatty acids salmon helps to decreases the inflammation and the chance of developing atherosclerosis, stroke and hypertension.
- Better Eyesight: Omega-3s improves the drainage of intraocular fluid and reduces the risk of glaucoma and high eye pressure.
- Healthy skin: Salmon helps to provide glowing and suppler skin.
- Cancer: Omega-3 fatty acids present in salmon prevent the cancer, by killing tumors.
Sardines are small fish that belong to the clupeidae family. They existed in large numbers in the Mediterranean Sea and are also abundantly found in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. They can grow up to a maximum of 25cm. It is rich in protein, fat, vitamin B12, selenium, phosphorus, omega-3 fats, vitamin D, calcium, vitamin B3, iodine, copper and choline.
It has numerous health benefits as:
- Decreases Inflammation: Sardines are wonderful source of essential omega 3 fatty acids which are known to decrease inflammation, thus it improves hearth health, brain function, and much more.
- Provides Many Essential Vitamins: Sardines contains vitamin B12, vitamin D, selenium and calcium and it is a great source of phosphorus, choline, iodine, copper, and more.
- Protects Bone Health: Sardines are good source of many vitamins and minerals which are essential for the maintenance of healthy skeletal structure, especially calcium, phosphorus and vitamin D. Thus its consumption can prevent bone mineral loss and can assist to heal broken bones.
- Protects Against Mood Disorders: High contents of omega-3 fatty acids present in sardines can aid to prevent mood disorders as anxiety and depression.
The tuna fish belongs to the family of Scombridae. Following are the most commercially popular tuna species:
- Albacore: Albacore are of moderate size and moderately long-lived species of tuna, with a usual length of 3-4 feet, usual weight of 15-45 lbs and average lifespan of 9-12 years.
- Bigeye: Bigeye are considered as a large and long-lived tuna species which are able to reach lengths of eight feet or more.
- Blackfin: Blackfin are comparatively small in size, with an average length between 1-3 feet and often 10-20 lbs in weight.
- Bluefin: Bluefin are the largest commercial tuna species which can reach weights above 1,000 pounds and length of about 15 feet. Because of their larger size, Bluefin are slightly higher in mercury concentrations than most of the other species of tuna.
- Skipjack: Skipjack are a relatively small tuna species generally weighing between 5-6 pounds and averaging 1-2 feet in length. They generally have a lifespan of two to three years.
- Tongol: Tongol are comparatively less seasonal, migratory, and found primarily in the Indian and Western Pacific oceans. They are comparatively small in size, ranging from approximately 10-12 pounds and 1-3 feet in length.
- Yellowfin: Yellowfin are medium-to-large sized tuna species, with size from 1-2 feet to as large as 5-6 feet, and in even longer. They are comparatively fast growing and have an average lifespan of 4-8 years.
Following are the health benefits of tuna:
- Anti-Inflammatory and Antioxidant Benefits: Tuna is rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which are helpful for proper regulation of the inflammatory system of body and inhibition of excessive inflammation. Some other antioxidants nutrients which are present in small amounts like vitamin C, zinc and manganese, are also provided by tuna.
- Other Health Benefits: Tuna provides cardiovascular benefits as its rich in omega-3 which can increase the presence of omega-3s in the cells along the blood vessel linings and membranes of red blood cells. This helps to improve the circulatory system and better the regulation of blood pressure. Tuna is also a good source of both potassium and magnesium which are important for heart function and healthy blood flow.
Post Your Query